Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Flash! Aaaahaaaaaaah!

So I'm hoping to wrap up a really bad month. Here are the highlights...


  • Scooter engine is slagged
  • Phoenix Arizona in July
  • Custody battle for an Autistic 17 year-old
  • IRS wants a lot more money
  • Still working overtime


So my plate has been very full and rpgs have been very far from my mind, at least in forming opinions that I can post about. But then Pinnacle had to go and make announcements at Gen Con.

Suffice to say...


It's coming to Savage Worlds. And the fan boy in me is splitting in two.

I love this movie, for all of the bad acting and dialogue I still love it. (However while the teaser in the Pinnacle clip was taken from the movie, I'm unsure if that's the version of the license they are going for.)

I am also a big fan of Slipstream as many of you already know. So it feels kind of strange to have Flash-Gordon-With-The-Serial-Numbers-Filed-Off being replace by Flash Gordon.

Also, it's called Flash Gordon. Like Doctor Who or Solomon Kane, any character made is just going to be a second banana in the universe. In Slipstream the story revolved around whatever heroes were playing at the time. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to buy it. I'm not made of stone. I'm just not sure if I'll get much play out of it. But as long as there are plenty of production photos of Ornella Muti... okay that sounds sexist but Princess Aura was my first childhood crush.

It may be wishful thinking but I'd love to see an updated Slipstream launch with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment