Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pathfinder - Your Marketing Is Out Of Hand



I've been a member of the North West Pathfinder Society for a couple years now as it is about the only regular gaming group I could find nearby. Things were great, but the people at Paizo are squeezing me out. Let me explain.

1) Pathfinder Society Scenarios: Every year they put out a new season of adventures, which is great. Except that the new season is generally centered on the new expansion book, which costs about $40. I have neither the cash nor the desire to dig myself into the never ending rules additions, and that means I cannot prep and run anything from the new seasons.

2) Maps: It's a small complaint since I can hand draw the maps on my blank flip mats, but many adventures use Paizo flip mats that have been discontinued. Why would you use a single map in 4 different adventures and then discontinue it?

3) Pathfinder Pawn Sets: I own the first 4 sets. I figured they were a great value at $40 a box for about a hundred flats. Plus it's nice having the exact monster needed for a Scenario... except the scenarios often call for one or two more flats than what comes with the boxed set. Did they really do that just to make me shell out for a second box?

It's a shame. I do enjoy the setting of the Pathfinder Society and many of the adventures are nice and compact. But It's getting to a point where I feel like I am being played: like I am being forced into making purchases rather than enticed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment