Friday, February 28, 2014

Can't sleep, too busy being productive

To say that I have been in a creative block for the past few years would be an understatement. But apparently that has changed. I'm creating art like a madman. I have had insomnia for the past 4 days as my mind races with creative game aids. And while I am having a lot of art fun, I haven't made much progress on the planetary descriptions.

I just uploaded a new set of tiles for space combat to Drivethrurpg. I'll have a link once it gets approved for sale. I even went so far as to add some papercraft items into the pdf (like a papercraft asteroid).


Like my Forest Tiles, I'm posting this for a paltry $2.

My next project is likely to be some sci-fi interior tiles. I know there seems to be a glut in the market but hey, maybe mine will offer something different. I'll do a basic set that has hallways, doors, and some empty rooms. The follow up set will likely have decorated rooms.

One thing I have been pondering is whether the papercraft stuff is worth the effort. Yeah it's cool, but it is also "some assembly required". Also, considering they are made of cardstock, transportation is a bit of a problem for the gm-on-the-go.

So leave me a few comments below. Would you rather see some papercraft doors and computer stations in the sci-fi tile set or would you rather have pre-decorated rooms (albeit 2d representations)? Also, what would you like to see that you haven't seen yet?

PS:> It seems that Blogger automatically makes my account +1 my own pages. So my narcissism seems to completely automated.