Thursday, November 11, 2021

Keep on the Borderlands (ICRPG)

While waiting for a new game to start, I decided to make a party of four adventurers in my ICRPG setting WORLD OF ARYN and run through the original Basic D&D adventure Keep on the Borderlands. I haven't been through since I was 10 years old. I'm adapting the monsters to ICRPG as I encounter them.

The Party:


Vahn  - A Humani Ranger (Forager)

Rook - A Nomini (halfling/gnome) Shadow (Spy)

Torkka - An Ograni (ogre) Warrior (Rager)

Windwalker - A Salvari (elf) Priest (Healer)


I started with Cave Entrance D. The Goblins gave a good fight but fell to our mighty swords... but they had children with them. I don't remember any children! I decided to lock them up with some food. 

Next rooms had Hobgoblins and prisoners. I took out the hobs and freed the prisoners. Torkka had gone down three times. Next room, a lot of Hobgoblins (9) and their children. WTF! I lost the fight so the hobs tied up the party. Fortunately Rook is a master of lockpicking. He got a semi-conscious Torkka free just as a pair of hobs came to check the prisoners. Torkka took out her frustration on their crunchy heads.

Okay, things are getting dicey. The party decides to camp in the woods and have Vahn forage for healing herbs. He crits. He decides that he also needs to feed the party so he forages 4 meals and 3 herbal poultices.

We go back in and fight what I hope is the last of the goblins. Guess what, MORE KIDS!!!

It's quite horrific. Do I leave the kids to starve or put them down? They'll never make it alone since I broke into their home and murdered their families in front of them. In fact, this whole cave network is like a monstrous Melrose Place.

I think I may be the baddies...